Christmas Chocolate Tree RecipeIngredients
- 300g dark chocolate, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups roasted nuts, chopped
- cake sprinkles for decorating
- icing sugar to sprinkle over to finish
- First, you will need to use templates crossed on nonstick baking paper. See photo. You will need one in each of the following sizes: 16 cm, 13 cm, 10 cm, 7 cm and 4 cm. Use a pencil dark enough should turn the paper to put the chocolate in - do any ink on chocolate. You also have to make a 19cm but I suggest you do this directly on the surface to be present in the tree. This may be a pie plate or plate etc.
- In a medium bowl, melt chocolate microwave on high for 1 minute. Remove and stir until smooth. You may have another 30 seconds.
- Mix through the nuts. Let the mixture cool slightly, enough so that the chocolate holds its shape and does not spread when spoons are placed on the paper.
- Spoon the chocolate with a small spoon is easier, along junctions to form the tree branches.
- Decorate the branches with cake sprinkles.
- Chocolate sets put an extra tablespoon in the center of each cross that this will help to give height and form of the tree trunk when assembled Keep the remaining hot chocolate on a bowl of hot water while the tree is placed. When you are sure the branches are set, again place a spoonful of chocolate in the center of the branch beginning with cross base 19cm.
- Place ontop 16cm branch back to their branches are among the basic branches. See the photo of the finished tree. You have to play to get the balance right, sometimes just adding a small piece walnut under one side is all that is needed. Continue all crosses.
- Leave the Christmas tree chocolate to set. Sprinkle with icing sugar, chocolate tree come alive when you do this - the magic of Christmas.