4 packed cups glutinous rice
1 1/4 cup sugar
1 cup water + extra for soaking
1. In a bowl add rice and enough water to cover the rice. Soak for 24 hours.
2. Drain the rice, leave in a colander for a few minutes.
3. Place rice and sugar in a sturdy blender or food processor and then mix. Add 1 cup water gradually and process until mixture resembles a pancake.
4. Place in a bowl lined coat Gay poured over the batter and steam for 1 hour.
5. Remove from steamer and then let it cool, once cooled refrigerate overnight.
6. Remove from the pan and cook over the decision.
Ingredients (Fried Tikoy)
1/2 cake tikoy / nian gao, sliced in 1 cm thick cuts
3 eggs, beaten
1. Place a pan over low heat half then add a small amount of oil for frying pan
2. Dip a piece of Tikoy in the beaten egg mixture and then each piece pan once browned on one side flip, when cooked remove from the pan and throw it in a paper towel lined plate.
3. Do the same with the rest of the slices then serve