Lechon Kawali Turbo RecipeIngredients:
1.5 kilos Pork belly cut in the middle to make 2 squares
5 cups Water
1 Medium sized onion chopped
1 Tbsp Rock salt
1 tsp Whole black peppercorns
1 pc Laurel leaf
1 Green mango peeled and cut into small cubes
1 Onion chopped
3 pcs Firm , red tomatoes
2 pcs calamansi , juiced
¼ cup Bottled bagoong isda
50 g Wansuy or coriander leaves , pick out the leaves from the stems and rough-chop
- In a large pot, combine the water, onion, salt, black pepper and bay leaf. Bring to a boil over high heat.
- While boiling, put in the squares of pork belly. When the file again boil, cover the pot tightly and reduce heat. Boil gently for 3 hours. Drain the boiled pork belly in a colander. (Stock pig may be used to flavor other foods such as stew Monggo).
- Allow the pork pieces to cool. Dry skin and then refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- Preheat turbo grill for 10 minutes. Place the pieces of pork, skin side up, on the rack and roast for 1 hour. Lechon the rest for 5 minutes before cutting. Serve with salsa Tagalog.
- To make the sauce, combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Cover bowl with plastic wrap. Refrigerate until ready to serve.