Chicken Liver Mousse Recipe
2 c. chicken livers
2 tbsp. minced shallots
2 tbsp. butter
1/3 c. cognac
1/4 c. whipping cream
1/2 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. allspice
1/8 tsp. pepper
Pinch of thyme
1/2 c. melted butter
Kosher salt and pepper
1.Remove any greenish or blackish spots livers and any tendons. Cut liver into 1/2 "pieces.
2. Melt butter over medium heat in a skillet until foam disappears. Saute the shallots with livers in butter for 2-3 minutes until the livers are just stiffened, but still pink inside. Scrape into the blender.
3. Pour wine or cognac in the pan and boil down rapidly until it has reduced to 3 tablespoons. Scrape it into the blender.
4. Add the cream and seasonings into blender jar. Cover and blend at top speed for a few seconds until the liver is a smooth paste.
5. Add the melted butter and mix a few seconds. Adjust seasoning.
6. Packaging or container or jar and refrigerate for 2-3 hours.