Fish Tinola Recipe
4 oz. Salmon fillet
1 medium onion, sliced
2 pieces Finger chili
2 cups Malunggay leaves
1 tablespoon ginger, sliced into thin strips
2 tablespoons fish sauce
4 cups water
½ teaspoon ground black pepper
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Heat the olive oil in a pan. When oil becomes pan-fry the steaks hot salmon for one minute per side. Remove from pan and set aside.
- In the same pan with the remaining oil, saute the onion and ginger
- Sprinkle black pepper and then pour in the fish sauce. Pour-in water. Bring to a boil.
- Put-in the chayote and chili finger. Cook for 5 minutes. Add the fried salmon. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Complement malunggay leaves. Turn off the heat and cover the pot. Let it stay for 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a serving platter. Serve.