Baked Chicken Nuggets recipe
2 (6 to 8 oz.) chicken breasts, skinless and boneless
1 cup bread crumbs
1 cup buttermilk
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Cut the chicken breast into pieces 2 × 2 inches. Place chicken in a bowl and pour in the buttermilk. Cover and place in refrigerator to marinate for at least 3 hours (The longer it marinates the better the texture gets).
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Sprinkle salt and pepper over chicken.
- Roll the chicken over the bread crumbs. Make sure the chicken is covered properly.
- Position a rack on a baking sheet. Make sure the grill can withstand high oven temperature. Place the chicken pieces on the grill. Bake for 14-16 minutes.
- Set the oven to broil settings. Let it stay for 3-5 minutes or until light brown to golden brown.
- Remove from oven and transfer to a serving plate.