BANANA CHIPS RECIPESIngredients
2 lbs raw bananas, peeled
3 to 4 cups cooking oil
1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder (Optional)
2 tablespoons water (Optional)
1 teaspoon salt (Optional)
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup white sugar
- In a bowl, combine 2 tablespoons of water, turmeric powder and salt. Mix well.
- Pour the oil in a wide pot and heat.
- When the oil is hot, cut the bananas using a mandolin slicer and place a lot of bananas into slices in hot oil.
- Fry the plantains until almost crisp. When bananas are almost done, take a spoonful of the mixture of turmeric and gently add the oil. Note: Be careful. This is an optional step. Doing this can add a yellowing banana slices and make it sharper.
- Once the oil stops bubbling, remove bananas and drain excess oil. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, let's make simple syrup. Heat a pan and pour 1/2 cup water and 1/2 cup boiling sugar.Let.
- Gently stir the mixture and turn off the heat. Allow to cool.
- Quickly dip plantain chips in simple syrup. Drain excess liquid after immersion. Once the fluid dries up, banana chips placed in a container, or immediately used.