Paella Mixta Recipe
3 cups chicken broth
12 pieces clams, cleaned
10 pieces mussels, cleaned
1 1/2 cups juice from boiled clams and mussels
1/2 lb. large shrimp, with heads and shell
1 lb. chicken (bone-in), chopped
1/2 lb. rabbit meat, chopped
6 oz. chorizo, sliced
2 teaspoon Spanish Saffron threads
1/4 cup chopped flat leaf parsley
1 medium yellow onion, diced
2 teaspoons minced garlic
1 medium tomato, chopped
3/4 cup, frozen green peas
1 small red bell pepper, seeded, grilled, and sliced into strips
2 teaspoons paprika
1 1/2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil (for the paste)
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil (for sautéing)
Salt and pepper to taste
1 lemon, sliced into wedges
- Make clam juice to boil mussels and clams in 1 1/2 cups water for 5 minutes. Separate the clams from the liquid. Set aside.
- Make the dough by combining the garlic, parsley and paprika. Hitting until the texture becomes smooth. Pour in 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil. Mix well and set aside.
- Heat 1/4 cup olive oil in a paella pan.
- Pan-fry the shrimp for 1 minute on each side. Remove shrimp and set aside.
- Saute onion and tomato until the texture becomes smooth.
- Put-in chicken, rabbit meat, and sausage. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Pour in the chicken stock and clam juice. Bring to a boil. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Add water if necessary.
- Lay-on mixture of garlic paste and saffron. Revolver. Add salt and pepper if necessary.
- Put the rice in Calasparra and green peas. Allow the liquid to re-boil and then reduce heat. Cook for 20-25 minutes covered.
- Place the mussels, clams, red pepper strips and shrimp on top.
- Serve with lemon wedges.