Sinigang na Tilapia / Bangus sa Miso Recipe
1 large tilapia (about a pound or more), scales and innards removed
2 tablespoons yellow miso paste
2 medium tomatoes, wedged
1 medium yellow onion, quartered
5 to 7 pieces mustard leaves
2 1/2 tablespoons fish sauce
8 pieces okra
1 sachet sinigang mix
5 cups water
Ground black pepper to taste
1 cup cooking oil
- Cut the half cross tilapia. Rub salt all over the fish. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Heat 1 cup of cooking oil in a pan. When the oil becomes hot, fry each side of the tilapia on medium heat for 5 minutes. Remove the tilapia and place on a clean plate.
- Meanwhile, scoop 2 tablespoons oil from the pan where the fish was fried and place in a pot.
- Heat the pot. When the oil is heated-up, saute the garlic, onion and tomatoes
- Add the miso paste and then pour in the fish sauce and water. Bring to a boil.
- Add the sinigang mix. Stir. Place the pan fried tilapia. Cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the okra. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Turn off heat. Sprinkle some black pepper and add the mustard. Cover for 5 minutes.
- Transfer the fish to a serving platter. Serve.