Bacon Wrapped Shrimp Recipe
1 1/2 lbs. large shrimp, deveined and shells removed
15 to 18 bacon strips
1 fresh lemon
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
- Squeeze the lemon and put the juice in a large bowl.
- Add salt, pepper and garlic powder. Stir.Place the shrimp on the plate. Mix and marinate for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the bacon strips on a griddle or skillet until halfway done. Make sure the bacon is crisp and still not be bent without breaking. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cut bacon in half (crosswise). Wrap the shrimp with bacon and secure by inserting a toothpick.
- Arrange the bacon wrapped shrimp on a baking sheet. Brush with remaining marinade to keep moisture in.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. Do not over cook the shrimp.Transfer to a serving platter. Serve with your favorite sauce.