Pineapple Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
2 1/2 cups AP flour
1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
2 cans (8 oz. each) Pineapple Slices
5 tablespoons brown sugar
1 1/2 cup granulated white sugar
1/2 cup shortening
3 teaspoons baking powder
1 1/2 cup evaporated milk
1 teaspoon salt
3 to 5 pieces Maraschino cherries
1 cup chopped walnuts
Cream cheese frosting
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.Combine brown sugar and melted butter. Stir.
- Pour the mixture into a deep baking dish. Extender.
- Place the pineapple slices over the mixture. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, combine AP flour, white sugar, salt and baking powder in a bowl. Mix well.
- Beat eggs with an electric mixer. Pour in milk gently and add shortening.
- Gradually add the dry mixture. Pour into the baking pan. Bake for 55-60 minutes or until it passes the toothpick test. Remove from oven. Allow to cool.
- Remove the cake from the mold by inserting an icing spatula on the side of the cake.Gently move the spatula arount the cake pan so the cake loose.
- Flip the cake pan so loose and then firmly place the cake on top of a plate or cake stand.
- Apply the cream cheese frosting and chopped nuts over frosting. Put the cherries in the center of each pineapple slice.