Slow Cooker Shredded TurkeyIngredients: Serves-16
1 (12 oz.) can light beer
1 pkg. onion soup mix
1 tsp. white pepper
3 tsp. dried parsley
2 T. chicken bouillon base
8 – 10 lb. turkey breast
1 stick butter, cubed
2 – 3 T. cornstarch, optional
- Pour beer into slow cooker and turn on low heat. Stir in soup mix, pepper, parsley, and soup base.
- Place turkey breast in slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
- Remove turkey breast from slow cooker and take off skin. Separate meat from the bones, discarding bones. Add meat back to the slow cooker.
- Add butter, cover, and continue to heat until butter is melted. Stir to blend butter with the sauce.
- For a thicker broth, remove ½ c. broth and whisk with cornstarch. Add back to slow cooker and heat until broth is thickened.