Beef Basil RecipeIngredients
1 1/2 lbs. ground beef
10 pieces fresh basil leaves (holy basil)
2 1/2 tablespoons fish sauce
2 teaspoons chili flakes
2 tablespoons minced garlic
2 tablespoons brown sugar
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Heat a frying pan. Pour the oil in the frying pan.
- When the oil becomes hot, sauté the garlic.
- Add the chili flakes and then cook for 15 seconds. Put-in the ground beef. Stir and brown for about 10 minutes. Add the fish sauce and brown sugar. Stir. Simmer for 20 minutes while letting the excess liquid evaporate.
- Put-in the basil leaves. Cook for 5 minutes. Sprinkle the ground black pepper. Stir
- Turn-off heat. Transfer to a serving plate. Add fried egg on top if desired.