Vegetable Spring Roll recipeIngredients
2 1/2 cups shredded cabbage
3/4 cups carrots, julienned
3 cups bean sprouts, cleaned
2 tablespoons chopped green onions
2 teaspoons minced garlic
1 teaspoon minced ginger
1 teaspoon sesame oil
1 1/2 tablespoon soy sauce
1/3 teaspoon ground black pepper
spring roll wrappers
1 egg, beaten
3 cups Cooking oil
- Heat a pan and then scoop about 1 to 1 1/2 tablespoons of cooking oil. When the oil becomes hot, saute the garlic and ginger. Add the green onion, cabbage, and carrots. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Put-in the bean sprouts, soy sauce, and sesame oil. Mix well and then cook for 1 to 2 minutes. Turn off the heat and then transfer the vegetables to a colander to drain the liquid. Let it cool down. Lay a piece of spring roll wrapper in a clean flat surface. Scoop about 2 tablespoons of vegetable mixture. Wrap the mixture by folding the opposite ends of the wrapper inward and then rolling the other side until a cylindrical shape is formed. Seal the edge by brushing the beaten egg mixture in the end of the wrapper. Repeat this step until the veggie mixture is consumed.
- Meanwhile, heat the cooking oil in a deep cooking pot. When the oil becomes hot, put-in the spring rolls gently one at a time until the maximum capacity of the cooking pot is reached. For better results, try to limit the rolls by cooking around 5 to 6 pieces at a time.
- Deep fry for 3 to 5 minutes or until the wrapper turns light to medium brown.
- Remove the fried spring rolls from the pot and place in a plate lined with paper towel. Serve with your favorite spring roll dipping sauce.