Pork Tinola RecipeIngredients:
2 lbs. pork butt, cubed
1 bunch fresh spinach, cleaned
2 medium chayote, wedged
2 thumbs ginger, julienned
1 medium yellow onion, sliced
5 cloves garlic, crushed
2 tablespoons fish sauce
32 oz. beef broth
4 cups rice washing
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
2 tablespoons cooking oil
- Heat the cooking oil in a deep cooking pot. When the oil is hot, saute the garlic, ginger, and onion. Cook until the onion is soft. Put-in the pork and then cook for 5 minutes or until it browns.
- Add-in the ground black pepper. Stir. Pour-in the beef broth. Let boil.
- Pour 1 cup of rice washing. Allow the liquid to reboil. Cover and simmer for 45 to 60 minutes or until the pork becomes tender. Add the chayote wedges. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Pour the fish sauce and stir.
- Add the spinach. Cover the cooking pot and then turn the heat-off. Let the residual heat cook the spinach. Transfer to a serving bowl. Serve with white rice.